|Name||Dr. Upendra Nath|
Goal :- The broad goal of the teaching of undergraduate students in Surgery is to produce graduates capable of delivering efficient first contact surgical care. Surgery includes orthopedics, anesthesiology and radiodiagnosis as minor subjects
I. A. GENERAL PRINCIPLES
1. Wound healing and management, scars: Hypertrophic scar and keloid; First aid management of severely injured.
2. Asepsis, antisepsis, sterilisation.
3. Surgical sutures, knots, drains, bandages and splints.
4. Surgical infections and rational use of antibiotics: Causes of infection, prevention of infection, common organisms causing infection.
5. Boils, cellulitis, abscess, necrotising fascitis.
6. Tetanus and Gas gangrene: Prevention of Tetanus and Gas Gangrene.
7. Chronic specific infections: Tuberculosis, Filariasis, and Leprosy.
8. Antibiotic therapy.
9. Hospital infection.
10. AIDS and Hepatitis B; Occupational hazards and prevention.
I . B . 1. Mechanism and management of missile, blast and gunshot injuries.
2. Surgical aspects of diabetes mellitus.
3. Bites and stings.
4. Organ transplantation - Basic principles.
5. Nutritional support to surgical patients