OBST. & GYANECOLOGY
Goal- The broad goal of the teaching of undergraduate students in Obstetrics and Gynaecology is that he/she shall acquire understanding of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of the reproductive system & gain the ability to optimally manage common conditions affecting it.
1. Applied anatomy of female genital tract.
2. Development of genital tract
3. Physiology of menstruation
4. Puberty and menopause
5. Physiology of ovulation / conception / implantation.
6. Early development of human embryo.
7. Structure, function and anomalies of placenta.
8. Physiological changes during pregnancy / diagnosis of pregnancy.
9. Antenatal care, nutrition in pregnancy, detection of high-risk pregnancy.
10. Normal labour - Physiology, mechanism, clinical course and management, pain relief in labour.
11. Normal puerperium and breast-feeding.
12. Examination and care of newborn.
13. Contraception - Introduction and basic principles
14. Maternal mortality and morbidity, perinatal mortality and morbidity. National health programme - safe-motherhood, reproductive and child health, social obstetrics.
1. Development of genital tract, congenital anomalies and clinical significance, Chromosomal abnormalities and intersex.
2. Physiology of Menstruation, Menstrual abnormalities - Amenorrhoea,Dysmenorrhea, Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, DUB.
3. Puberty and its disorders, Adolescent Gynaecological problems.
4. Menopause & H R T.
5. Infections of genital tract, Leucorrhoea, Pruritus vulvae, Vaginitis, Cervicitis, PID, Genital TB, Sexually transmitted infections including HIV infection.
6. Benign & Malignant tumours of the genital tract. Leiomyoma, carcinoma cervix, carcinoma endometrium,chorio carcinoma, ovarian tumors. Benign & Malignant Lesions of Vulva
7. Radiotherapy & Chemotherapy in Gynaecology.
8. Other gynaecological disorders - Adenomyosis, Endometriosis
9. Genital Prolapse, Genital Tract displacement,
10. Urinary disorders in Gynaecology, Perineal tears, Genital
Dr. Anupama Sinha
|Dr. Abha Sinha||Senior Resident||9431095667|
|Dr. Anupama Sinha||Assistant Professor(HOD)||9934989016|
|Dr. Archana Jha||Senior Resident||9431213795|
|Dr. Bindu Sinha||Associate Professor||9431883289|
|Dr. Krishna Sinha||Assistant Professor||9431431212|
|Dr. Sheela Kumari||Senior Resident||8809390012|
|Dr. Vijaya||Associate Professor||9097081648|