Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (Formerly, Bhagalpur Medical College Bhagalpur) was founded in the year 1970 under the management of Dept. of Health, Medical education and F.W, Govt. of Bihar. The college is affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna (Formerly to Tilkamanjhi Bhagalpur university, Bhagalpur).
OUR VISION AND MISSION
The Primary aim of this institution is to produce competent basis Doctors, Specialists and. It has endeavoured to promote all facilities conducive to learning and furtherance of knowledge by:
- Contribution towards national health care delivery system by providing efficient and expert medical services through the associated hospitals.
- Establishing routine and specialized laboratories of excellence and other investigative facilities.
- Pursuance of objectives of medical education by improving the course contents, continuing education and strengthening of research activities.
- Extending medical support to the local authorities for health care programmes.
- Extending health care facilities to rural, urban population of Bhagalpur through its organized centres in the community.
- Students seeking admission for formal medical education from the entry level MBBS to the highest level (Post-graduate & Post Doctorate Courses).
- Hospital Organization/Laboratories/seeking trained technical manpower.
SERVICE PROVIDED–Providing Medical Education
This College is affiliated with Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna and admission in the Under-graduate & Post Graduate is done by the NEETUG and NEETPG.
A. UNDER GRADUATE COURSE-Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)
- Total No. of Seats
Total No. of Seats-100
15 % All India Quota (AIQ)
85% Bihar State Quota (SQ)
- GOI (Central Pool Reserved Seat) - 4
- ADMISSION (Procedure of MBBS Course)
- Selected candidates are required to deposit fees in person as early as possible after the announcement of selection and in any case before the notified date for the purpose, failing which admission will lapse automatically without any further notification and the seat shall be offered to next on waiting list.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo medical examination by the medical officers appointed for the purpose. Candidates found medically unfit will not be admitted.
- COURSES OF STUDIES
The course of study for MBBS degree and all related examinations will be according to rules and regulations of MCI and Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna. Students after passing the Final MBBS examination must register themselves provisionally with the Bihar Medical Council before they can be permitted to join the compulsory internship programme, a required under Medical Council Act.
- ATTENDANCE: (Eligibility to Appear for Exam.)
The requisite percentage of attendance in the Class/Wards/Laboratories, as per rules and regulations laid down in the Ordinance of the University, will be necessary before the student is sent for University Examinations.
75% in clinical subjects is compulsory for appearing in the University Examination.
Student enjoying the benefit of Scholarship or Freeship will loose privilege in case he/she fails to secure 75% attendance and/or violate the rules of discipline of the institution.
Note: The admission to medical courses shall close on 31st August of the year. In case students admitted beyond 31st August, due to reasons whatsoever, they will not be eligible to appear in the 1st Professional annual examination at the end of 2nd semester. However, they may be eligible to appear in the supplementary examination, if otherwise eligible. The supplementary batch students of first professional will appear in the second professional examination conducted by the University provided he/she completed required training i.e. 18 months of study, if otherwise eligible.
- Terminal Examination will be held at the end of each term. Marks obtained in these examinations and day to day work shall be counted in the University Examinations. Student must secure at least 35% internal assessment in theory and practical consolidated both in a particular subject in order to be eligible to appear in the final University Examination of the subject.
- Any student found guilty of using unfair means in the examination will be subjected to disciplinary action as per the guidelines of University.
B) POST-GRADUATE DEGREE COURSES
Number of Admissions:
Total No. of MD/MS Seats: 30
Number of Seats
MD(Forensic Medicine & Toxicology)
MD (General Medicine)
MS (General Surgery)
JLNMC HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION CAPACITY:
Name of the Hostel
No of Accommodation
Boys Hostel Mandal Kothi (16 room)
Boys Hostel 4 (17 rooms)
Boys Hostel No. 1 (38 room)
Boys Hostel No. 2 (Madhukashyup) 55
Girls Hostel No. 1
Girls Hostel No. 2
Girls Hostel No. 3
Girls Hostel No. 4
Interns Boys Hostel
Interns Girls Hostel
PG Boys Hostel (Under Construction)
PG Girls Hostel (Under Construction)
Principal Office: 0641-2401078
Email-id: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com